PIXMA iP8750 Wireless Connection Setup – Locate guidance regarding how to set up the wireless connection on the PIXMA iP8750 printer and also how to reset the printer to factory settings. Some access points (sometimes referred to as routers or hubs) feature an automatic connection button labeled “WPS” which stands for Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
This allows permitted devices such as PIXMA iP7250 to connect to your network without needing to enter a password and it enables a quick and easy method of connecting your devices. This method is by far the easiest way of connecting your PIXMA iP7250 so if your access point has a WPS button please select the ‘WPS Connection Method’ tab below for instructions on connecting using this method.
If your router does not support WPS, we have provided alternative instructions to get your PIXMA iP7250 connected so please select the ‘Standard Connection Method’ tab below.
Probably the Driver or the following Printer Series Software you’re looking for
WPS Connection Method
Before we start, some conditions must be met to use the WPS push button method:
- The access point must have a physical WPS push button available. Please check with your device’s user guide for details. If the WPS push button is not available, please use the instructions on the Standard Connection Method tab.
- Your network must be using the WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) or WPA2 security protocol. Most WPS enabled access points to use this protocol.
PIXMA iP7250 Wireless Step 1
- Make sure that the printer is turned on.
- Press and hold the [Wi-Fi ] button on the front of the printer for a few seconds.
PIXMA iP7250 Wireless Step 2
- Make sure that this button starts to flash blue and then go to your access point and press the [WPS] button within 2 minutes. For exact details regarding pressing the WPS button, please refer to the access point manual.
The (blue) Wi-Fi lamp on the printer will continue ﬂashing while searching for, or connecting to the access point. When the printer has successfully made a connection to your wireless network, the blue lamp will stop flashing and remain lit.
Network settings confirmation
To confirm that your printer is successfully connected to your wireless network, you can print out the network settings of your printer if you wish:
- Make sure that your printer is turned on.
- Load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper.
- Press and hold the [Resume/Cancel ] button until the power lamp flashes six times, and then release it. The network information page will be printed.
When referring to the printout, check that the “Connection” indicates “Active” and that the SSID – Service Set Identifier (the name of your wireless network) indicates the correct name of your wireless network.
This concludes the WPS setup procedure.
- Please now proceed by installing the software to make the most out of your PIXMA iP7250.
- If you do not have the installation CD that came with your product, you can download the manuals and software by selecting your product from the PIXMA range page.
- If the wireless setup is still failing after following this guide, please contact us for further assistance.