Canon IJ Network Device Setup Utility (macOS) Scanning According to Item Type or Purpose (IJ Scan Utility Lite) to scan and save documents, photos, or other items at one time by simply clicking the corresponding icon. If anything is incorrect with the link, IJ Network Gadget Configuration Energy diagnoses the setups from the printer and those from the computer system on which it‘s set up. Additionally, IJ Network Gadget Configuration Energy brings back the condition from the printer and computer system.
IJ Scan Utility Features
Multiple Scanning Modes
Auto allows for one-click scanning with default settings for various items. The document will sharpen text in a paper or magazine for better readability, and Photo is best suited for scanning photos.
Select Applications from Go menu of Finder, and then double-click Canon Utilities > IJ Scan Utility > Canon IJ Scan Utility Lite icon to start IJ Scan Utility Lite. You can complete from scanning to saving at one time by simply clicking the corresponding icon.
Scanner: Displays the name of the Bonjour service that IJ Scan Utility Lite is currently set to use. If the name of a Bonjour service that is different from the one you want to use is displayed, select the name of the Bonjour service you wish to use.
To use over the network, Bonjour must be enabled. Enable Bonjour on your scanner or printer.
If the Bonjour service name does not appear or if you have changed the Bonjour service name, click (Refresh).
- Auto: Scans items with simple settings from the platen or ADF (Auto Document Feeder), and then save them to a computer. The data format for saving will also be set automatically.
- Document: Scans items as documents and saves them to a computer.
- Photo: Scans items as photos and saves them to a computer.
- Custom: Scans items with your settings and saves the images to a computer. The item type can be automatically detected.
- Driver: Scan by specifying the output resolution or scan area.
- Stitch: Displays the Image Stitch window in which you can scan the left and right halves of an item more significant than the platen and combine the scanned images back into one image.
- OCR: Scan text in scanned magazines and newspapers and display it in a specified application.
- E-mail: You can send scanned images via e-mail.
To use the printer over LAN, make sure you have the equipment necessary for the connection type, such as a wireless router or a LAN cable.
When you install IJ Network Device Setup Utility, disable block function of firewall.
Save Scanned Images Automatically
Scanned images are automatically saved to a preset folder. The folder can be changed as needed.
Scanned images can be sent to other applications. For example, display scanned images in your favorite graphics application, attach them to e-mails, or extract text from images.
Starting Up IJ Network Device Setup Utility
Startup Launchpad, select Canon Utilities and then choose IJ Network Device Setup Utility. When you start up IJ Network Device Setup Utility, the screen below appears. If you have not installed the Software you can download it in our previous post entitled Canon IJ Network Scan Utility Driver Download. or what is listed below
IJ Scan Utility Lite Ver.3.1.0 (Mac)
IJ Scan Utility Lite is the application software which enables you to scan photos and documents using AirPrint. You can easily scan such items simply by clicking the icon you want to choose in the main screen of IJ Scan Utility Lite.
- File version: 3.1.0
- File Size: 23 MB
- Filename: msul-mac-3_1_0-ea21_3.dmg
IJ Network Device Setup Utility Ver.1.3.0 (Mac)
IJ Network Device Setup Utility is the software application that enables your computer to communicate with the printer. You can use this utility on your computer to do the basic settings such as entering the printer IP address or selecting the network frame type.
- File version: 1.3.0
- File Size: 26 MB
- Filename: mdsu-mac-1_3_0-ea21_3.dmg
Enter the password specified for your computer and select Install Helper. IJ Network Device Setup Utility starts diagnosis and repair of the network.