Canon imageCLASS MF216n Wireless Setup (Mac OS) tutorial for the imageCLASS MF212w, imageCLASS MF217w, imageCLASS MF227dw, and imageCLASS MF229dw Selecting a Wireless Router (Macintosh)
Canon MF216n Wireless Setup
This short article offers directions on ways to establish your imageCLASS MF216n, MF212w, MF217w, MF227dw, and MF229dw to do cordless publishing and scanning. It‘s damaged down right into four components.
Setting Up The Printer
To connect the machine to the computer via wireless LAN, select wireless LAN using the operation panel. You can search the wireless routers (or access points) available for connection and select one from the display of the machine. For the network key, enter a WEP key or PSK. Before choosing a wireless router, check and write down the required setup information, including the SSID and network key.
- Tap <Menu> in the Home Screen.
- Tap <Network Settings>.
- If a screen for entering a PIN is displayed, enter the PIN with the numeric keys and tap <Apply>.
Tap <Select Wired/Wireless LAN>.
- Tap <Wireless LAN>.
- Tap <Wireless LAN Settings>.
- If the <Do you want to enable the wireless LAN?> message is displayed, tap <Yes>.
- Read the message that is displayed, and tap <OK>.
- Tap <SSID Settings>.
Tap <Select Access Point>.
The machine starts searching for available wireless routers.
Select a wireless LAN router.
Select the router whose SSID matches the one that you have written down
Enter the network key that you have written down.
Enter the network key using the numeric keys, and tap <Apply>.
WPA-PSK or WPA2-PSK
Check that the Wi-Fi indicator is blinking on the operation panel.
The Wi-Fi indicator blinks when a wireless router is detected.
When the setup is completed, the screen below is displayed, and approximately 2 seconds later, the Wi-Fi indicator lights up.
Wait approximately 2 minutes until the IP address settings of the machine are completed.
Downloading and Installing the Computer Software
MF Printer Driver & Utilities for Macintosh V10.11.1 [Mac OS: 10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11/10.12/10.13/10.14]
- File Name: mac-mf-v10111-00.dmg
- File Version: V10.11.1
- File Size: 22.11 MB
- File Languages: English | Spanish | German | French | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Dutch | TC | Turkish | Chinese
- Post Date: 02/22/2019
- Supported OS: Mac OS: 10.8.5 – 10.14.3
Get Complete Software & Drivers for Canon imageCLASS MF216n Series
The following instructions show you how to download the compressed files and decompress them.
1. Click the link. The download will start automatically.
2. Files are saved on your computer desktop.
3. Double-click the file to mount the Disk Image.
4. Double-click the mounted Disk Image.
5. Double-click the Installer file in the folder. Installation starts automatically.